Sunday, September 6, 2009
3:07 AM

Microshit Trains WorstBuy Employees to Boo Linux to Customers


Quote from Best Buy Employee:


So I work at Best Buy (insert boos and hisses) and I was doing some Microsoft ExpertZone training.

Well, the new one for Windows 7 allows me to get a $10 retail copy of Windows 7 after completing the courses. So I figured I'd get it and sell it for a quick buck. Now, during my training modules, a "Linux vs Windows 7" module appeared.

Here are screenshots of the lies Microsoft is portraying.


Okay so this one isn't so bad.


Again, this one isn't so bad either.

Okay so here's where it starts getting bad.

No iPod support? Really? And the Zune doesn't work on the Mac either although there has been some progress from the Linux community. And I've never had any problems pulling pictures from cameras.

I've yet to see a printer that doesn't have a driver. You might have to download it from the products website though (gasp!).

Yeah yeah. Software. Although WINE has been vastly improving lately (we even got around that stupid Secu-ROM).

There are free alternatives to all of the Windows Live "essentials".

WOW. Of all the games to mention, they mention World of Warcraft. I wrote a tutorial on how to get WoW running on Linux not to long ago. Its probably the easiest game to set up with in WINE.

Authorized support? Well you have Red Hat and Canonical, oh I guess you can count Novell...

Video chat with Pidgin? Or Skype?

I don't have time to refute the rest, but I'll post the screenies.





















This comes from  http://www.overclock.net/windows/569458-microsoft-attack-linux-retail-level-probably.html

As you can see, m$ is trying to stay on top as a m$onpoly. In my own experience, I realized that m$ has tried/done changed standards of the internet with Internet Explorer 8, so that Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox will not work properly with these websites, m$ attempts to cause incompatibility for others. Also you can see how much false and manipulating information there is above. BTW, all my hardware works in Linux, ALL, and if it's doesn't support Linux, I don't purchase or support it. My Realtek usb (very versatile) with fully open source and patchable drivers, 500 mWatts of power that allows me to remove the default omni-directional antenna and replace with a directional Yagi loses connection in Windows often, and I have to keep doing repair, fidling, wasting time, to make it work right in Windows as opposed to it working stable and solid fast in Linux with more control over what I can do with it. Hardware is supported out of the box with Ubuntu, no need to go driver hunting. So I installed Windows and my internet, sound, and a few others did not work. I could not get online to get the drivers. What do you think I had to do? I used Linux to get online and download the drivers. Ubuntu is user-friendly beyond Windows and updates all your software at once without having to run multiple updater programs in the background wasting your computer resources. I could go longer, but I'll leave it at that as of now.

UPDATE: Both Microsoft and Bestbuy admitted to what's happened/happening. They had no choice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment