Monday, December 28, 2009
12:38 AM

Songbird 1.4.3

I know, I know, Songbird is a very heavy, resource-eating music player, but I LOVE IT.

To be honest, even if there are many good players available for Linux, Songbird is the only one looking half ready to take on iTunes. I like Amarok, Banshee, Exaile and even Rythmbox, but they all look prehistoric, and looks matter to me.

I have to say, though, that Songbird is far more than just the looks. This latest release includes new components, and the fabulous Mashtape is now accompanied by LyricsMaster, a great looking lyrics retriever, which by the way, works great.

Just take a look at this screenshot...



Aaah... Ubuntu, Songbird and Dream Theater... What's not to love? ;-)

Talking resources, it is true that Songbird eats some 80-90MB of memory while playing, but that's not such a big tragedy, not for me at least.

Get Songbird and enjoy your music even more!

0 comments:

Post a Comment