Friday, January 15, 2010
10:54 PM

The Linux Command Line eBook

Finding Linux was a great experience for me. Aside from getting to know a great tool, I found the technical side of me having lots of fun again. I was being challenged to learn something new, to overcome issues I didn't know about, yet rewarded after finding each solution.

Slowly but surely I started to feel more comfortable using the command line, but I always felt I knew too little about it. If felt like this Pandora's box that would hold an immense amount of power, but I didn't know how to use it.

About a year after I started using Linux, I now feel like I can do my share of basic things from the command line, and the more I use it, the more I like it. I am starting to understand why advanced users have it in such high regard.

Anyways, as I was trying to teach myself more about the command line, I tried to find documentation and tutorials, mostly by searching the web. For the most part, I found information that was segmented, obsolete or simply explained by an expert for other experts. However, I ended up finding a fabulous Book that has made a big difference for me. It's entitled The Linux Command Line, and was written by William E. Shotts Jr.

I very much recommend and encourage you to VISIT HIS SITE, DOWNLOAD HIS BOOK, and if you enjoy it as I did, HELP HIM continue this great project.

NOTE: William, the author of this great book, was kind enough to drop by! He brought to my attention that this book can also be purchased as a printed copy. They are of very good quality, so go ahead and GET YOURS, I just did!!

Thanks!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment