Friday, August 13, 2010
6:05 AM

How to install ATI graphics driver in SalixOS

I'm not planning to copy the entire SalixOS user documentation or FAQ's, only what's of practical interest as it comes up. It just so happened that after years of not needing the proprietary ATI driver I decided to play a demo of a new game which definitely requires it.
So now that for once I'ld need the proprietary driver I'm informed on their website that my product, an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro, has moved to legacy support. The last driver 9.3 was released March 2009, and sure enough, my kernel is not supported anymore:
"Error: ./default_policy.sh does not support version"
Damn you AMD/ATI, six years ago I paid you £130,- and you want me to upgrade my perfectly good hardware?
Read more here >>

0 comments:

Post a Comment