Saturday, March 19, 2011

Linux Mint: Getting Debian via the Linux Mint Debian Edition (LMDE) - and making it more Debian-like

A couple of weeks ago I decided I needed to have at least one copy of all the major branches of Linux distributions on this laptop, if only for troubleshooting and having a reference point. Debian or something derived from it has been missing from all my machines for a while now, so with the release of "Squeeze" it seemed like a good time to put a copy back on.

I've tried Linux Mint 7 in the past, and, while nice, it wasn't for me. It was choc full of mono apps with everything from Gnome-Do to the more ubiquitous F-spot and full of somebody elses choices I did not agree with. More work to make it work my way than it`s worth.
Read more here >>

0 comments:

Post a Comment