Friday, June 22, 2012
12:00 AM

Google Earth and Maps revealed

As we have come to expect from any Apple announcement, the recent presentation of iOS 6 features has made an awful lot of noise. One of the changes that I found interesting (and crazy, if you ask me) was that Google Maps was no longer going to be the default map service on Apple devices starting with iOS 6.

When I heard this news, I didn't think it was such a deal. I must admit I didn't understand the depth and complexity of Google Maps service and how far much it has developed in the few years it's been available. Luckily, Google released a video that shows a bit of history, how the service continues to evolve, how it can be of help in ways way more significant than getting directions and how we all can help improve it through Map Maker. It is a lengthy video, but I believe it is one of the most interesting ones I have seen in a long time, very much worth watching:



0 comments:

Post a Comment