Monday, June 14, 2010
4:35 PM

Software I am coding for Linux

I am currently designing two software projects for Linux. One is working, and I just need to add to it. It's multithreaded and works just fine through the command line, but what I am about to do with it will blow anybodys mind away the way I have it designed. It will use some datastructures such as a Queue feeding one token at a time xD. I've written my own data structure. It would be very cool to incorporate that into the code, but it doesn't fit with what I am doing. ABSOLUTELY NO SOFTWARE MADE FOR LINUX EXIST WITH WHAT I AM CREATING!!!!!!!!! PERIOD!!!!! NOT EVEN WINDOWS CAN COMPARE TO THIS GODDAMN SHIT. I hit a roadblock, something new to me, and I am madly reading up on it and studying code examples. I know how to create multi-threaded applications and have done so, but when a gui is added to it, that changes things up, so now I am in the process of learning how to do it with Swing. But the GUI will take on the GTK gui interface if ran under Gnome. It will appear native to whatever environment it's run on, and since I don't care for Windoze, I won't bother to make sure it runs under that you suckers. If you have ever used TextAloud, this is similar to what I am creating for Linux except from a users point of view (me) knows what it is lacking and how to make it a ton better. I use this example because that is what most people are familiar with when it comes to text to speech software. Any text that can be selected can be read in a good sounding voice including your Optical Character Recognition.


As much as I want to jump to the second project which would be easier for me because I know how to do it without learning much new, I won't. I won't start a new project without finishing the one I started already. 


Please, everything I do is for free and for the community. Please donate. The amount is not important. I guarantee you that it will speed up the process. Contact me for those wanting to see OSS and good free software to strive.

0 comments:

Post a Comment