Thursday, January 10, 2013
12:10 PM

Nexus 7 jams with Bodhi Linux

After a few weeks of working on other things I've gotten back around to doing some more work on our Bodhi for Nexus 7 image. I've just uploaded a new Bodhi rootfs.img (which can be gotten from our source forge page here). This image brings a few improvements, most notably:

  • Menu/Buttons have been made slightly larger to make things more "finger friendly"
  • Suspend now works and pressing the "power" button on the device now suspends Bodhi by default
  • Audio now works without any tweaking
  • Stable E17 packages
My TODO list for the device still includes determining why OpenGL seems to not want to work as well as creating a automated installer script for loading Bodhi on to your Nexus 7. For now this updated image can be installed following the method I laid out here. If you encounter any issues with this image please open a support request in the Nexus 7 section of our user forums.

I'm going to be busy jamming to eAndora on my Nexus for awhile:


Cheers,
~Jeff Hoogland

0 comments:

Post a Comment