Wednesday, February 26, 2014
5:35 PM

[Quick Tip] How to fix bluetooth headset/speaker in Ubuntu 13.10?


So I've recentely switched to Ubuntu Gnome 13.10 to give the new Gnome Shell a try, so I won't be posting about elementaryOS for while now. Let me start by saying that I really love the new Gnome Shell, can't wait untill the new headerbars arrive in elementary!

So a problem that I encountered was that I was unable to connect to my bluetooth speaker. When I clicked connect on the bluetooth settings, it connected for a second or two, and then immediately disconnected again. I tried a lot of things to fix this issue, but I think these two did the trick for me:

First of all, try to load the Pulseaudio (your sound server) Bluetooth module manually, and see if that fixes the issue. You can do that by typing this in a terminal:
sudo pactl load-module module-bluetooth-discover

Try to connnect again to your bluetooth device. If that didn't help, go on and type the following in the terminal:
sudo gedit /etc/bluetooth/audio.conf

This will open your audio configuration file for bluetooth. Here, search for the following line:
#AutoConnect=true
And change that to:
 AutoConnect=false
Don't forget to remove the hashtag as well! Save the file, and reboot your pc.

That should be it! Hopefully this fixed your bluetooth as it did with me :)

Questions? Put them in the comments!



0 comments:

Post a Comment