Tuesday, March 25, 2014
11:07 PM

GNOME 3.12 Screencast

A very recent update dropped GNOME 3.12 final and the final product, although not that much different from the GNOME 3.11.9x I had been using up until now, managed to surprise me, so I decided to put together a quick Screencast and share it here.



The main thing I have noticed on the latest update is things going much faster. I am not sure why, but everything is way smoother and more responsive. Menu drop-downs, fade in and out effects, everything is amazingly smooth. Even with more than five apps open at the same time, the Activities Overview effects to show them all up is buttery smooth. In fact, part of the reason why I wanted to record a screencast is because GNOME 3.12 finally provided me with a tool to record my screen activity in Linux as it is supposed to be. The video recording does not drag the desktop to a halt, it almost feels as if you are not recording.

Anyways, I have covered many things about GNOME 3.12 already, so I won't go into detail here. I can confirm that several bugs that were there in the prerelease compilations are now gone, but there are still minor things that don't work as expected.

What I can assure you is that this is, by far, the best GNOME there has ever been and I very much encourage Fedora users to give it a go, they will not regret it. Users of other distros will probably have to wait a bit longer, but please give this latest GNOME a try!

0 comments:

Post a Comment