Wednesday, December 11, 2013
6:05 AM

Would an operating system with a political agenda put you off using it?

My review of antiX has caused a small amount of controversy.

An anonymous user left a comment stating that in a previous version of antiX the default browser had links to nazi websites.

The comment was jumped upon by a number of readers who stated that this user was ill-informed.

I opened a browser today within antiX and checked the bookmarks provided and here are the list of links that are included
I have been asked to remove the comment but I have declined to do so. My personal view is that everybody has had a chance to have their say and it is for each person to make up their own mind with regards to the validity of the claims.

The point of this article is not to question whether antiX has fascist links but to question why there are politically motivated links in the bookmarks section at all.

The comments about nazi leanings may be factually incorrect but the developer has left the operating system open to criticism by providing the links in the first place.

The antiX operating system worked very well for me and I gave it a good review but my question to you is:

Would the inclusion of politically linked propaganda put you off using an operating system? 




0 comments:

Post a Comment